Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nursing Graduates: Banned in Call Centers?

I know some Nursing graduates who are waiting for work and would want to still be productive even if they are still here in the Philippines.

Surprisingly, according to my friends, some of these Nursing graduates flock in the call centers because of two things: higher compensation and soft skills training.

But I also got a word from one of them whose application was rejected in a call center just yesterday. When I asked her about it, she just mentioned the issue of 'length of stay' as the feedback of her interviewer.

Maybe the interviewer sensed that she will only stay in the company for a number of months until such time that her job application abroad will be completed.

I feel for my friend yet I also feel for the company she applied for. Of course, when you hire someone, you will 'invest' on her through training so you would like the employee to stay as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment